Friday, January 14, 2011

Dolce & Gabbana makeup?

I recently freelanced for the Dolce & Gabbana makeup line. Did you guys even know D&G sold makeup? Me neither! Their line is relatively new and I have to give them # 1 in presentation.

The products look elegant and chick and are beautifully packaged. Yet, I was not impressed with the quality of their eye shadows. The pigments looked strong and vibrant in the packaging but almost went on invisible when applied. Another makeup artist that has been using the line for a bit assured me that they are better used with an eye base (which D&G does not carry at the moment).

The lipsticks, however, were sooooo creamy and yummy I wish I could have added their whole collection to my makeup case! Vibrant colors with lots of shades, beautiful reds, pinks and browns and a VERY creamy consistency (and did I mention the packing looks great?).
In addition to lipsticks and eye shadows, they carry mascara, powder foundation, concealer, lip liners, eye liners and bronzers.

Prices range about the same as they do for MAC products.

Have you tried these products? I'd love to know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment